Fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds, wild asparagus, cumin seeds, marshmallow root, goat rue, torbagun leaves, anise, milk thistle, vitex, stinging nettle, cinnamon, garlic, ginger and black seed are some of the herbs to increase breast milk supply.
Breast milk is very necessary for new born babies. It is very crucial to provide new born children with milk from their mothers. After the baby is born the milk production starts. For new mothers, the milk supply from the breasts can be a very challenging part and for the healthy growth of the child, a sufficient amount of breast milk supply is necessary. Breast milk supply can be less and sometimes insufficient.
Reasons for Low Breast Milk Supply
- There can be many reasons for less supply in the breasts. The reasons can be a premature baby. If the baby is born before time than it is ought to happen that there will be no sufficient supply of breast milk.
- Maternal obesity is also one of the reasons why there is low breast milk supply. When the mother is obese then the body can be prone to several diseases and complications. This leads to obstructions and blockage in the vessels of the body and the vessels of the tissues in the breasts.
- Differences in the level of insulin in the body can also be one of the reasons why there is a low breast milk supply. The level of insulin in the body should be balanced properly because it can lead to diabetes, so the diet should be balanced and healthy. Diabetes directly affects the body, this can be because there can be decrease or increase in the weight and weakness in the body. If the body will not be healthy it will not be able to manage a good and sufficient breast milk supply.
- Pregnancy is a very crucial stage in a woman’s life it can be very difficult to manage lactation as the body needs a lot of nourishment. During pregnancy many women start to suffer from high blood pressure, due to tension, hypertension and because of high protein and fats diet. This leads to increase in blood vessels in the body because of which the body heats up and falls prey to high blood pressure. High blood pressure leads to problems in the body namely, lack of attention, tension, and mood swings and imbalance in the diet. These reasons together affect the body and the breast milk supply together. If the body is having high blood pressure than the body parts cannot function properly as the high blood pressure problem comes in between.
Breast milk supply can be increased by various natural ways. One of the ways is herbs. They are green and healthy plus they don’t have any severe side effects. For increasing the breast milk supply these herbs can be used. Here are 15 Herbs to increase breast milk Supply:
15 Herbs to Boost Breast Milk Supply Naturally
Fennel seeds are a great source for increasing the supply of breast milk. Breast milk is very essential for the newborn. These seeds increase the level of estrogen in the body. The estrogen hormone helps in increasing the supply of breast milk. Fennel seeds can be taken by putting it in hot water or in milk. Honey can be used for making it sweet; use of sugar should be avoided.
These seeds are also really famous for increasing the breast milk supply. This is because it has galactagogue which helps in increasing the levels of estrogen in the body, which will lead to an increase in the supply of breast milk for the baby. It can be taken with tea, coffee and even hot boiled water.
It is an herb that is known for curing the problem of low breast milk supply in women. This herb has the compounds and substances which help in aiding the breast milk supply. This is because the compounds present in it help in regularising and balancing the hormonal balance of the body. It can be taken with hot water or mixing it with normal water.
Cumin seeds are used for cooking. They are one of the best herbs for curing the best milk supply. This is because it has iron content which gives the mother or the women energy in the body. This iron content helps in curing the problem of less breast milk supply. It can be taken with warm milk with some honey in it.
This herb belongs to the same group of herbs just like fenugreek. It is known to help build tissues in the breasts which help in the growth and lead to an increase in the supply of breast milk. It is available for intake in the form of capsules.
Anise is a fragrant herb and helps in solving breast milk supply issues. It has compounds which help in boosting the estrogen level. It also helps in opening the blocked ducts in the breasts which ultimately lead to an increase in the supply of breast milk in the woman’s body.
It is a great herb and ayurvedic medicine. It has miraculous advantages and it has been found that they have been curing the problem of breast milk supply issues for many centuries. These can be taken with anything that suits the body, be it any food item or liquid item it can be consumed in every way with the preferable food.
Milk thistle is a very good herb for removing toxins from the body. It also helps in increasing the breast milk supply because it has properties which increase the level of estrogen in the body. It can be taken with both solid and liquid food dishes.
Cinnamon is a good herb that is fragrant. It is known to cure the problem of breast milk supply deficiency in a woman. Many women prefer to choose cinnamon for the problem of breast milk supply. It has been known to cure the problem as well as enhances the flavor of milk. It can be taken with warm water, honey, and even milk.
It is an herb as well as a spice. It is used in cooking a lot for adding flavor essence and aroma. It is said to increase breast milk supply and it also enhances the taste of the breast milk. It can be taken in regular food dishes every day in everyday cooking and it can be really beneficial.
Ginger is a medicinal spice and an herb to it has various health benefits that are uncountable. It also increases the breast milk supply and cures the problem of breast milk supply. It can be taken with warm water and honey and it can be taken with milk also. It makes the body immune to diseases and can be really beneficial for lactating women.
This herb is very famous in Islamic literature. It is known to increase the fill of breast milk. These seeds can be taken with water and seeds are also available in the form of oil. It is advisable that it is taken only during breastfeeding as it has side effects.
These are famous berries for regulating the hormone balance in the body. Vitex berries are also famous for normalizing the hormones in the body, thus they normalize estrogen and prolactin which leads to an increase in milk supply. These berries should be taken in a low dosage with water because high dosage can lead to the reverse effect that is infused low milk supply.
Stinging nettle is one of the strongest herbs that is a powerful galactagogue. It has calcium, potassium and vitamin k these minerals and vitamins are really necessary and beneficial for lactating women. This herb helps in increasing the breast milk supply because it has galactagogue in it which is a necessary component which the body requires while pregnancy.
Marshmallow roots are one of the most astonishing herbs it is a powerful source for galactagogue. It is a powerful lactogenic booster and a really good herb for enriching the milk. This presence of galactagogue helps in increasing the breast milk supply. It is advisable to take with milk only. It should be consumed only during breastfeeding and not during pregnancy.
Precautions while Using these Herbs
- Seeking professional help is a must before starting to include these herbs in your diet.
- Consulting the gynecologist and the lactation expert or consultant is a must before these herbs are included in your diet.
- One must ensure that the herbs taken by you are of well known and reputed brand. This can be the best way one can ensure safety.
- Some herbs can cause side effects and allergies and even problems in different parts and areas of the body, thus one must consult a doctor and see what will be suitable to the body for increasing the breast milk supply.
- It is an advisable thing that you must take what suits you because these herbs have powerful and intense properties which can cause disturbances in the body.